23/03/2009

Memoires of Contemplation... Opus 1

Often I find that my mind is filled with contemplation. What to do? What to learn? What is the next step? What to think? and most importantly... why?

More often than not my life is brought to a complete stand still by what can only be described as conscious gridlock that can only be relieved by unconsciousness...

Stream of consciousness refers to the flow of thoughts in the conscious mind. The full range of thoughts that one can be aware of can form the content of this stream, not just verbal thoughts. Commonly used experimental techniques, including self-reporting, gives easier access to verbal thoughts than to thoughts more closely connected to senses other than hearing and activities other than speaking and writing.

I find that the inner walls of my skull can act in a similar way to that of a hall of mirrors, constantly bounding ideas back and forth with slight variation but very rarely any true resolution.

I have come to the conclusion that a need for closure is desperately over due if I am to continue with my life and achieve... well... anything!

Need for closure is a phrase used to describe an individual’s desire for a firm solution as opposed to enduring ambiguity.

And that's where you come in... Memoires of contemplation that is. A sounding board if you like, perhaps a scrap book or a shoe box kept under the bed. A place to safely store and reference some of my more challenging observations... you know, the one's that just won't let you get on with every day life until the perfect cadence has been satisfied...

... I like that... "Memoires of Contemplation; My Perfect Cadence"

And it's working already; it must be a good two years now that blogging has been "on my mind". Now it isn't... it's on the internet instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment